Little Scholars Academy strives to offer a program that will support and involve all parents in the education of their children. As a part of Keystone Stars, a quality improvement program, we are committed to implanting the quality improvement standards. All LSA centers participate in the Keystone STARS Certification Program, designed to evaluate and improve the quality of child care. The program offers Standards, Training, Assistance, Resources and Support (STARS) to child care providers and recognizes the continuous quality improvement efforts of early learning programs in Pennsylvania. Through our affiliation with SERK, the regional division of PA Keys, LSA has access to a STARS specialist for assistance with training and education. LSA is also affiliated with Success by Six, a national program administered locally by the United Way to help ensure children are on-target developmentally by age six.
LSA is also an active member of several educational and child development organizations:
National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children (DVAEYC)
Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA)
Safety is our Priority
• Assign families a personal identification number (PIN). We also have 24-hour camera surveillance.
• Require visitors to identify themselves and sign in before entering a LSA Center.
• Update an emergency contact form for your child every six months. Here, parents can identify family members or family friends who are authorized to pick up your child. We require ID before we release a child to authorized friends and family members.
• Post teachers at strategic locations on each playground at all times while children are at play to provide supervision.
• Require each teacher to successfully pass CPR, First Aid and fire safety training.
• Hold regular fire and evacuation drills at every Center and post emergency evacuation plans in each Center’s classrooms.
• Ensure that our playground equipment is fenced in, age-appropriate and meets the standards of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
• Take weather and temperature into consideration before allowing children to play outside.
• Keep regularly updated medical and allergy logs easily accessible at each Center for every child in our care.